This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: PR 7875
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: bkoz at redhat dot com, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 15 Apr 2003 21:11:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: PR 7875
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <200304151752.h3FHqR6K015504@doubledemon.codesourcery.com>
Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com> writes:
| This is a high-priorty PR that was marked as a compiler bug, but is
| really a library bug -- or perhaps not a bug at all.
| Would one of you library gurus please take a look at it, and decide
| whether it really is a bug?
This is not a bug. Nathan's analysis is correct. And I'll emphasize
it saying that the insertiong operator that takes a "const char*" is
not a member-function and expects a plain reference to std::ostream.