Re: PATCH: libstdc++/7680 (related to RFC posted last week)

Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com> writes:

[...]

| Your namespace usage is fine to me. We seem to be heading in the
| direction of multiple implementation namespaces, which I think is a good
| idea as long as we all agree what goes where. I did think that all
| __gnu_cxx bits were private already though. Would this imply that
| __gnu_cxx is not private?

If we think that we don't have enough namespaces, then I would suggest
that we make any new namespace a sub-namespace of __gnu_cxx.

[...]

| >(BTW, spot checked, full testing over weekend now that reference
| >FreeBSD machines operational again.  Yup, the new test case fails
| >without the patch and passes with the patch.)
|
| Personally, any patch with a comment this funny should just go in
| straight away.
|
| Gaby's been at ACCU and the standards meeting all week with limited
| connectivity, so let's give him a chance to get back up to speed.

Thank you very much.
I'm very happy to learn that the world didn't stop turning and I'm
trying to catch up.

-- Gaby