Re: libstdc++/9828: Regression: Segmentation fault in num_put::put

Benjamin Kosnik writes:
 > The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/9828; it has been noted by GNATS.
 >
 > From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
 > To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
 > Cc: peturr02 at ru dot is, jlquinn at optonline dot net, paolo at gcc dot gnu dot org,
 >    gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, nobody at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org,
 >    libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
 > Subject: Re: libstdc++/9828: Regression: Segmentation fault in num_put::put
 > Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:17:06 -0600
 >
 >  >Yep. This is what I was talking about when this first went in, abit very
 >  >vaguely. If you could do something like has_cache/use_cache as analogues
 >  >to has_facet/has_cache I think we'll be better off.
 >
 >  Ugh. I mean: has_cache/use_cache like has_facet/use_facet! I didn't get
 >  this right the first time I posted it.

So do you see something like:

__locale_cache<char>& __lc = use_cache<char>

or

__locale_cache<num_put<char> >& __lc = use_cache<num_put<char> >

?

I would think that either way, at some point the size of the cache has
to be fixed.  Wouldn't it affect the ABI?

Or are you thinking that the issue is that caches for different facets
can be added later?

Jerry