This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: libstdc++/10093: Regression: Setting failbit in exceptions doesn'twork
- From: Martin Sebor <sebor at roguewave dot com>
- To: Jerry Quinn <jlquinn at optonline dot net>
- Cc: peturr02 at ru dot is, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 14:12:51 -0700
- Subject: Re: libstdc++/10093: Regression: Setting failbit in exceptions doesn'twork
- Organization: Rogue Wave Software, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <07D05A69A3D0C14FAEA60C3ACE8E5564028F5560@nike.hir.is> <07D05A69A3D0C14FAEA60C3ACE8E5564028F555D@nike.hir.is> <email@example.com.HOWL>
Jerry Quinn wrote:
Where are we on this issue? I'm happy to fix up the code to work the
way people want it, but there should be agreement on the desired
behavior. I'm a bit lost on what the consensus is for exception
I'm not sure where "we" are :) The only debatable point I recall
was about catching all exceptions or some. The standard says to
catch only those from streambuf members. I feel that all should
be caught. I think Petur agreed. Was there anything else?