Re: libstdc++/10093: Regression: Setting failbit in exceptions doesn'twork

Jerry Quinn wrote:
Where are we on this issue?  I'm happy to fix up the code to work the
way people want it, but there should be agreement on the desired
behavior.  I'm a bit lost on what the consensus is for exception
handling behavior.

I'm not sure where "we" are :) The only debatable point I recall was about catching all exceptions or some. The standard says to catch only those from streambuf members. I feel that all should be caught. I think Petur agreed. Was there anything else?

Martin