This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Core dump in bastring.cc
- From: Jonathan Wakely <cow at compsoc dot man dot ac dot uk>
- To: Manickam Palaniappan <mpalania at cisco dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:40:00 +0100
- Subject: Re: Core dump in bastring.cc
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 06:54:32PM +0530, Manickam Palaniappan wrote:
> There is some problem in basic_string during cleanup I presume. Am
> not using the up-to-date GCC release due to some constraints.
This list is for version 3 of GCC's standard C++ library, which didn't
ship with GCC until version 3.0. GCC 2.9x shipped with libstdc++-v2
which is now unsupported and unmaintained.
Please see http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/faq/index.html#4_4_interface
You might be able to get some support from your system vendor if you're
using a GCC version such as RedHat's 2.96 or FreeBSD's 2.95.4, but the
libstdc++ maintainers won't look at problems with the old v2 library.
> P.S: tried getting a hand at the source but could not. FTP access asks for
> passwd. Where should I go for sources for this 2.95.2 release of g++.
You shouldn't need a password for ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gcc/
hope that helps,