This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Memory leak in ios.cc:326
- From: Ulrich Weigand <weigand at immd1 dot informatik dot uni-erlangen dot de>
- To: bkoz at redhat dot com (Benjamin Kosnik)
- Cc: rittle at latour dot rsch dot comm dot mot dot com (Loren James Rittle), libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, weigand at immd1 dot informatik dot uni-erlangen dot de
- Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 00:55:14 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: Memory leak in ios.cc:326
Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> There's one test case for callbacks, I'm using that. Looking at this on
> 3.2, with GLIBCPP_FORCE_NEW, everything looks ok. But on 3.4, I'm seeing
> some issues with constructing the locale cache for the standard streams.
> I suspect this is also the issue for 3.3.
Just to confirm what I'm seeing: the pthread3.exe test case on the 3.3
branch is leaking memory at a constant rate of about 2.5 MB/sec, topping
out at about 250 MB (on 32-bit) or 350 MB (on 64-bit).
Note that on CVS head, I do *not* see any memory leak in this test case,
it has a totally flat memory usage of about 1.5 MB.
Thanks for looking into this!
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
weigand at informatik dot uni-erlangen dot de