Re: [RFC] 9533: sixth iteration

Pétur Runólfsson wrote:

Paolo Carlini wrote:

What do you mean exactly by "garbage" (*)? Could you provide some more info or,

encoding() always returns 4, max_length() always returns 1.
This is wrong for all encodings (I think it is provable that
max_length() >= encoding()).

Ok, thanks.

even better, a patch, enabling us to use safely the much more correct code on top?

Sure, just copy codecvt.cc and codecvt_members.cc from 3.4 :-)
Some changes need to be made to keep things ABI-compatible,
but in general this should be easy to backport.

Good.
Therefore, jokes apart, for 3.4 the patch we have refined in the last days (using encoding and max_length) is ok, you mean.