This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [RFC] 9533: sixth iteration
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- To: Pétur Runólfsson <peturr02 at ru dot is>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 18:55:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC] 9533: sixth iteration
- References: <07D05A69A3D0C14FAEA60C3ACE8E5564028D0DE1@nike.hir.is>
Pétur Runólfsson wrote:
Paolo Carlini wrote:Ok, thanks.
What do you mean exactly by "garbage" (*)? Could you provide
encoding() always returns 4, max_length() always returns 1.
This is wrong for all encodings (I think it is provable that
max_length() >= encoding()).
even better, a patch, enabling us to use safely the
correct code on top?
Sure, just copy codecvt.cc and codecvt_members.cc from 3.4 :-)
Some changes need to be made to keep things ABI-compatible,
but in general this should be easy to backport.
Therefore, jokes apart, for 3.4 the patch we have refined in the last
days (using encoding and max_length) is ok, you mean.