This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
RE: [RFC] 9533: sixth iteration
- From: Pétur Runólfsson <peturr02 at ru dot is>
- To: "Paolo Carlini" <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- Cc: <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:25:51 -0000
- Subject: RE: [RFC] 9533: sixth iteration
Paolo Carlini wrote:
> What do you mean exactly by "garbage" (*)? Could you provide
> some more
> info or,
encoding() always returns 4, max_length() always returns 1.
This is wrong for all encodings (I think it is provable that
max_length() >= encoding()).
> even better, a patch, enabling us to use safely the
> much more
> correct code on top?
Sure, just copy codecvt.cc and codecvt_members.cc from 3.4 :-)
Some changes need to be made to keep things ABI-compatible,
but in general this should be easy to backport.