This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [v3] Possible fix for PR 5730
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- To: Jerry Quinn <jlquinn at optonline dot net>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:18:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: [v3] Possible fix for PR 5730
- References: <E18veFm-0003IA-00@tiamat>
Jerry Quinn wrote:
I just tried the test case comparing gcc 2.95 and 3.3 branch. The gap is now
smaller than the reporter saw, but it is there:
gcc 2.95 1.2s
gcc 3.3 1.6s
Anyway, I thought that if the more accurate answer is required, the faster
solution could still be used under --fast-math. Opinions?
The most obvious curiosity: does the alternate code close the gap? Is
that the very same code actually used
in v2 and therefore the answer trivially positive?