Re: [v3] Possible fix for PR 5730

Jerry Quinn wrote:

I just tried the test case comparing gcc 2.95 and 3.3 branch.  The gap is now
smaller than the reporter saw, but it is there:

gcc 2.95 1.2s
gcc 3.3 1.6s

Anyway, I thought that if the more accurate answer is required, the faster
solution could still be used under --fast-math.  Opinions?

Hi Jerry,
The most obvious curiosity: does the alternate code close the gap? Is that the very same code actually used
in v2 and therefore the answer trivially positive?