This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: PATCH: Tweak 22_locale to hide more "expected errors"
- From: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- To: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, rittle at labs dot mot dot com
- Cc: dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:41:20 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Tweak 22_locale to hide more "expected errors"
- References: <200303110547.h2B5ltxl087707@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com>
> From: Loren James Rittle <rittle at latour dot rsch dot comm dot mot dot com>
> Now, a basic improvement might be to support putenv() when it is
> available and setenv() was not available (Kaveh wrote that putenv() is
> more portable; which I find strange after consulting the local history
> since setenv is from v7 and putenv is from BSD4.3).
IIRC, putenv was in the SVID so SVR4 derived systems like solaris2 and
irix6 have it. I forget what standard blessed setenv, but it's not as
Kaveh R. Ghazi ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu