Re: what's up with wchar_t bits in 22_locale on ia64?

Hi Loren,

> These are new issues specific to this port.  At least one of the bugs
> may be fixed with a patch of this form (untested thus, not committed):

Thanks very much for the patch.  I'll give it a try shortly.

> > It didn't change the results for hppa-unknown-linux-gnu or i686-pc-linux-gnu.
>
> FYI, I checked in the change that would fix hppa64-hp-hpux11.11, but
> the patch I think would work for *-linux-gnu without all the named
> locales was posted but not installed.  Can you confirm that you
> applied it to your local tree before checking updated results?

Yes, I believe that the patch was installed during the last hppa
and i686 linux builds.  The results of the hppa build are gone
but the i686 fails look like:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  attempt to create locale from unknown name
FAIL: 22_locale/codecvt/always_noconv/wchar_t/3.cc execution test
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  attempt to create locale from unknown name
FAIL: 22_locale/codecvt/encoding/wchar_t/3.cc execution test
wrapped_locale.exe: /home/dave/gnu/gcc-3.3/gcc/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/22_locale/
codecvt/encoding/wchar_t/1.cc:38: void test01(): Assertion `i == 1' º~÷ú´ßºòºðºò
º¹.
FAIL: 22_locale/codecvt/encoding/wchar_t/wrapped_locale.cc execution test
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  attempt to create locale from unknown name
FAIL: 22_locale/codecvt/in/wchar_t/3.cc execution test

I believe the i686 system has a full collection of locales.  I just
discovered on the hppa machine that the locale path wasn't what I thought.
localedef installs by default to $prefix/share/locale but the default
path for locales is $prefix/lib/locale.  Anyway, locale -a now reports
C, POSIX, de_DE, de_DE at euro, en_HK, en_PH, en_US, es_MX, fr_FR, fr_FR at euro,
it_IT and ja_JP on the hppa machine.  We'll see if that makes a difference.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave dot anglin at nrc-cnrc dot gc dot ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)