This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [Patch] Fix libstdc++/7744
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- To: Nathan Myers <ncm at cantrip dot org>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 23:49:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Fix libstdc++/7744
- References: <3E6B02E5.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20030309223527.GJ27802@tofu.dreamhost.com>
Nathan Myers wrote:
My only remark on this round is that, again, I am uncomfortable with
overloading standard member names. I'd rather see a _M_ prefix on
those, at least.Ok, Nathan (*) and Gaby.
In order to facilitate mine and pending Benjamin commits, the posted
version is already in. But I promise to do the change in the next
Just to be sure: you prefer, for instance:
__basic_file<char>::_M_xsgetn(char* __s, streamsize __n)
(*) Nathan, basing a comment of yours of a few days ago I had believed
this was not really an issue:
> >Finally, mustn't these members' names be uglified, e.g. _M_no_block
> The other members of __basic_file<char> aren't and I followed the
> existing practice. Should we change all of them?
Oops, sorry, I confused myself for just long enough to post.