wstring in gcc3.2

Hi,

I posted the following question to gcc-help but nobody replied. Does anybody on this mailing list have the answer? Thank you!

I got some problems with libstdc++ which is bundled with gcc3.2 on Solaris8.It seems that gcc3.2 doesn't fully support wstring on solaris. The configuration file of gcc checks some wchar functions that are not supported by the native libc on Solaris 8, then it turns off the wchar support. I changed the configuration file to delete the excessive wchar function checks. And then I could
build gcc3.2 with the wstring support. However, after this change, I cannot link my appliction with the static version of libstdc++ using this compiler. The compiler crashed at the linking stage. The shared version of libstdc++ still works well. Does anybody know how to enable the wchar support for gcc3.2 on Solaris8 without introducing this kind of side effect?

Thanks for any advice!

Christina