This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Why fixing 9533 doesn't fix 7744: revealed!
- From: Loren James Rittle <rittle at latour dot rsch dot comm dot mot dot com>
- To: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 19:14:01 -0600 (CST)
- Subject: Re: Why fixing 9533 doesn't fix 7744: revealed!
- Organization: Networks and Infrastructure Lab (IL02/2240), Motorola Labs
- References: <3E65F7DD.email@example.com>
>> - MSG_* flags: I admit my ignorance: I tried what you suggested on Linux
> The flag value MSG_NOSIGNAL isn't mentioned in Stevens, so might not
> exist everywhere. Maybe we shouldn't use MSG_NOSIGNAL -- if the client
> doesn't want SIGPIPE, he can sigignore it himself.
FYI, I can report that, while porting some internal Moto code from
Linux to BSD last month, I found that MSG_NOSIGNAL is not available
there. According to:
it is not available on Solaris 8 either.