Re: Why fixing 9533 doesn't fix 7744: revealed!

>> - MSG_* flags: I admit my ignorance: I tried what you suggested on Linux
> The flag value MSG_NOSIGNAL isn't mentioned in Stevens, so might not
> exist everywhere.  Maybe we shouldn't use MSG_NOSIGNAL -- if the client
> doesn't want SIGPIPE, he can sigignore it himself.

FYI, I can report that, while porting some internal Moto code from
Linux to BSD last month, I found that MSG_NOSIGNAL is not available
there.  According to:

http://www.indexdata.dk/pipermail/yazlist/2002-February/000208.html

it is not available on Solaris 8 either.