This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Update on some PRs I'm working on
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- To: Pétur Runólfsson <peturr02 at ru dot is>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 14:55:40 +0100
- Subject: Re: Update on some PRs I'm working on
- References: <07D05A69A3D0C14FAEA60C3ACE8E5564028F5549@nike.hir.is>
Pétur Runólfsson wrote:
(this vaguely reminds me page 678 of Josuttis ;)
- 9875 and 9178The best fix for underflow() is probably to add
These are both about deficiencies for encodings > 1. They are
not too difficult to fix, IMO. I have already the fixes for
9875, except the underflow bits (yesterday Pétur provided some
testcases which I asked).
if (gptr() < egptr())
Thanks Pétur for the suggestion. I will take into account when, in a few
days I hope,
at the top (of course using traits operators and handling uflow
correctly). I think the seekoff can then be avoided.
This code should work for all values of codecvt::encoding(),
as well as for pipes and other things for which seekoff
I will actually get to 9875 and 9178 in detail.