This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: PCH now working, should be default?
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, geoffk at apple dot com
- Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 17:15:48 -0700
- Subject: Re: PCH now working, should be default?
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <200303031953 dot h23JrLb25348 at fillmore dot constant dot com>, Benjamin Kosnik w
>The big win? Well, make check-target-libstdc++-v3 now completes in
>roughly half the time, with no new failures. Specifically, for me:
>2046.929u 160.025s 1:01:38.19 59.6% 0+0k 0+0io 2262556pf+0w
>1951.369u 137.396s 37:05.66 93.8% 0+0k 0+0io 1690506pf+0w
>I'm considering switching this on by default. Thoughts?
Note that it'd probably help the G++ testsuite as well.
You should have warned folks to look closely at the wall clock time,
not user+system time.
I looked at user + system first and thought "gee, PCH really didn't
help much!" :-)