This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [RFC] Strategy for 9533
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- To: Pétur Runólfsson <peturr02 at ru dot is>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, Nathan Myers <ncm at cantrip dot org>
- Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 20:23:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Strategy for 9533
- References: <07D05A69A3D0C14FAEA60C3ACE8E5564028F5543@nike.hir.is>
Pétur Runólfsson wrote:
Specifically, when the testcase stops, in.rdbuf()->in_avail() is zero,
Excellent, except I think III should be called from
filebuf::showmanyc, not filebuf::open so ifstream::readsome doesn't
stop after BUFSIZ characters, as in the original fix for 6746.
there is nothing wrong with both the old and the new behaviour.
Otherwise, explain in better detail which alternate solution you are