This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
[RFC] Strategy for 9533
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- To: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Nathan Myers <ncm at cantrip dot org>, Pétur Runólfsson <peturr02 at ru dot is>
- Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 17:43:38 +0100
- Subject: [RFC] Strategy for 9533
thanking you all again for the feedback, I have a strategy in mind for
fixing the bug which I'd like to ask your opinion on:
I- Removing all the O_NONBLOCK stuff consequence of 6746.
II- Removing also the underflow call in basic_filebuf::open.
III- Create a new, sort-of-underflow, funtion to be called _only_ upon
file opening, which basically fills the buffer by way of a O_NOBLOCK
read system call
I and II above should avoid 9533, III should avoid 6746. All the normal
operations would be O_NOBLOCK, as suggested by Nathan. Being III
O_NOBLOCK regressions such as that I reported before today for pipes
What do you think?