This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Information on a commit related to libstdc++/9533
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- To: Pétur Runólfsson <peturr02 at ru dot is>
- Cc: Nathan Myers <ncm-nospam at cantrip dot org>, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 14:39:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: Information on a commit related to libstdc++/9533
- References: <07D05A69A3D0C14FAEA60C3ACE8E5564028F5540@nike.hir.is>
Hi and thanks for your analysis.
This calls rdbuf()->close(), which calls _M_really_overflow, which
calls fwrite which should fail because the read end of the pipe
should have been closed, but since underflow was called at the
read end, the read end is still open.
But, why the testcase didn't fail before reverting the O_NONBLOCK hunk?
The underflow call was there before and it's there now.