Re: gcc 3.3 garbage collector defaults

Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com> writes:

> 2)  the defaults should adjust themselves to the host's memory.

The right way to do this is to watch the amount of paging that the
system's doing (on this process, which you can get out of
getrusage() as ru_majflt ), and collect more often as the amount of paging
increases; that adapts to the dynamic load on the system.

I think I'll try implementing this quickly and seeing how it goes.

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org>