This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: comparison of 2.95.2 and 3.2 optimizers on SPARC
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Martin Sebor <sebor at roguewave dot com>
- Cc: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 31 Dec 2002 08:04:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: comparison of 2.95.2 and 3.2 optimizers on SPARC
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <3E10CBF0.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Martin Sebor <email@example.com> writes:
| I hope that these results are helpful in improving both the gcc
| optimizer and the quality of the gcc implementation of the C++
| Standard iostreams.
I believe your provided hard data points for future improvements of GCC.
I don't know if you would have a chance to run your benchmarks with
profilers enabled so that we have an idea of the performance
bottlenecks in V3...