Re: PATCH: Make good on deprecation threat

In article <20021230140033.A1926@disaster.jaj.com> you write:

> These extensions were deprecated in 3.2 for removal in 3.4, and documented
> as such.  Couldn't even get to them without specifically enabling deprecated
> library stuff.  I think it's time that they go away.  [...]
> This function was also guarded by "#ifdef _GLIBCPP_DEPRECATED", so users
> should be expecting its removal.  (I'm not sure how it's showing up in
> the binary library...)

> Comments, anyone?

I think your patch is safe.  Users that added _GLIBCPP_DEPRECATED
really knew what they were doing.  It was not easy to accidentally
bootstrap and install a library so configured (this would be the usual
test that I keep in mind when thinking about such changes).

Regards,
Loren