Re: verbose terminate() on by default

Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com> writes:

| On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 07:41:45PM -0500, Phil Edwards wrote:
| > On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 09:06:13PM +0100, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > >
| > > OK.  Phil, please, would you mind moving __verbose_terminate_handler()
| > > definition to libstdc++/eh_terminate.cc
| >
| > Sure.
|
| Actually, I'd rather just make a libsupc++/vterminate.cc, rather than
| making eh_terminate.cc pull in the I/O library.  Right now eh_terminate.cc
| is very minimal.  The verbose handler and all the extra baggage will be
| pulled in only if eh_terminate.cc still initializes __terminate_handler to
| the verbose function -- and that's something the user could easily change.
| Or perhaps we'll provide some way of doing it.

Sorry, I don't get that.

Since the default behaviour is to be verbose, the I/O part will be
pulled in, whether user changes it to something different of not.
Unless the linker is very smart, but then in that speculative case, it
would also have enough information to notice that
__verbose_terminate_handler() is not necessary (since static and not
used in the current module) and to eliminate it altogether with the
I/O bits.

-- Gaby