This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: libverbose_terminate, pass 1 of N
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:14:16 -0500
- Subject: Re: libverbose_terminate, pass 1 of N
- References: <20021219154527.A8952@disaster.jaj.com>
On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 03:45:27PM -0500, Phil Edwards wrote:
> Here's a patch for discussion purposes. It installs a libverbose_terminate,
> and I've verified by hand that using -lverbose_terminate or LD_PRELOAD
> both DTRT.
Annoyingly, linking with the .a form of the library does not have any effect.
I would therefore like to posit that computing's central challenge, viz. "How
not to make a mess of it," has /not/ been met.
- Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002