This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: basic-improvements merge status
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>, Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: 17 Dec 2002 09:51:44 +0100
- Subject: Re: basic-improvements merge status
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mark Mitchell <email@example.com> writes:
| --On Monday, December 16, 2002 11:50:51 PM +0100 Jan Hubicka
| <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
| >> >>>>> Jan Hubicka writes:
| >> Jan> As I've mentined I am handling this with the other patch that
| >> disables Jan> the transfomration for C90 until we decide how to detect
| >> such systems. Jan> On C99 and C++ it is always valid as runtime is
| >> required to have it (and Jan> thats why libstdc++ does it). I hope
| >> Richard will have time to take a Jan> look on these patches soon.
| >> Would you please include a pointer to the patch? I have been
| >> browsing your patches and cannot find one that fixes this problem.
| > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-11/msg00619.html
| I agree with Neil -- this isn't the right fix. As he says, the C99
| switch indicates that the source is C99 source; we should't make any
| assumptions about the target library based on that.
| Please revert, or at least disable, your change until we can figure out
| how to do the configury bits. (One possibility is explicitly flags in
| the tm.h file.)