This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
[libstdc++] Re: basic-improvements merge status
- From: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org,Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 23:54:45 +0100
- Subject: [libstdc++] Re: basic-improvements merge status
- References: <20021216224439.GF3138@kam.mff.cuni.cz> <200212162248.RAA27342@makai.watson.ibm.com>
> >>>>> Jan Hubicka writes:
> Jan> As I've mentined I am handling this with the other patch that disables
> Jan> the transfomration for C90 until we decide how to detect such systems.
> Jan> On C99 and C++ it is always valid as runtime is required to have it (and
> Jan> thats why libstdc++ does it). I hope Richard will have time to take a
> Jan> look on these patches soon.
> Would you please include a pointer to the patch? I have been
> browsing your patches and cannot find one that fixes this problem.
and this should fix the builtins overwriting problem.
Even if we manage gcc to not do the transformation under certain
configurations, still this is more safe to do.
Mon Dec 16 23:53:16 CET 2002 Jan Hubicka <email@example.com>
* Makefile.am (AM_CFLAGS): New.
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/gcc/libstdc++-v3/libmath/Makefile.am,v
retrieving revision 1.20
diff -c -3 -p -r1.20 Makefile.am
*** Makefile.am 12 Sep 2002 23:27:30 -0000 1.20
--- Makefile.am 16 Dec 2002 22:53:03 -0000
*************** libmath_la_DEPENDENCIES = $(libmath_la_L
*** 34,39 ****
--- 34,43 ----
libmath_la_SOURCES = stubs.c
+ # Avoid GCC transfroming (float)sin(float) into sinf causing infinite
+ # recursion.
+ AM_CFLAGS = -fno-builtins
# Use common includes from acinclude.m4/GLIBCPP_EXPORT_INCLUDES
TOPLEVEL_INCLUDES = @TOPLEVEL_INCLUDES@