Re: patches to move to gcc-3_2-branch

--On Wednesday, December 04, 2002 11:20:50 PM -0600 Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@redhat.com> wrote:

Upon looking at it closely, it is really hard for me to consider this
a regression.  User's use of __USE_MALLOC has always been problematic
in v3.
This is a regression against 2.95 era compilers (v2), where __USE_MALLOC
was possible. I thought these still counted, or do all regressions have
to be against 3.x series compilers? Perhaps I'm just confused.
You're correct; regressions against 2.95 are still regressions.

If you don't feel you can merge the patch safely, that would be a reason
not to do it; otherwise, you should go ahead and do it.

Thanks,