This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Compilation problem on Suse 8.1 with gcc 3.2
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: "Jean Acheroy" <Jean dot Acheroy at curia dot eu dot int>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 05 Dec 2002 08:11:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: Compilation problem on Suse 8.1 with gcc 3.2
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
"Jean Acheroy" <Jean.Acheroy@curia.eu.int> writes:
| ** High Priority **
No. See below.
| I have the following code
| fstream * thefile;
| unsigned long pktPos;
| thefile->rdbuf()->seekpos((streampos) pktPos, ios::in);
This function is defined by the C++ standard as protected. The
corresponding public equivalent is named pubseekoff
Maybe this should be a FAQ, it is not the first time this question
| All work fine with gcc 2.xx
The library shipped with 2.xx was not standard conformant. In
general, you should expect other changes as well. Please a consult a
reference book -- have a look at our website.