This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: merging for 3.4 (was Re: [Patch] Qualify min(), max() ...)
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>, "pcarlini at unitus dot it" <pcarlini at unitus dot it>, "libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 14:57:36 -0500
- Subject: Re: merging for 3.4 (was Re: [Patch] Qualify min(), max() ...)
>>>>> Gabriel Dos Reis writes:
Gaby> Since (a) depends on acceptance of GIMPLE and GENERIC, which are
Gaby> invasive and quite not yet mature, I would prefer (b) given the
Gaby> other invasive works already scheduled for 3.4.
The lack of the Tree-SSA infrastructure in GCC 3.4 may discourage
developers from working on GCC 3.4 and encourage the further branching and
fragmentation of GCC.