From: Phil Adams [mailto:phil_adams@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2002 9:16 AM
To: Vijay Patil
Cc: 'libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org'
Subject: Re: STL::list::clear , erase help

If your list was of type list<CKMaskApp>, then your destructors would be
called.   The problem is that your list is a list of pointers, not a list of
objects...

Phil Adams
WebSphere Development
IBM Austin, TX
phil_adams@us.ibm.com
(512) 838-6702 (tie 678)

Vijay Patil <vpatil@knightsindia.co.in>
11/29/2002 04:40 AM

        To:        "'libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org'" <libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        STL::list::clear , erase  help

Hello
                i have a list pointers  defined like shown below

list<CKMaskApp*> m_MaskAppList;

i have added some CKMaskApp pointers to m_MaskAppList list

if i say m_MaskAppList->clear(); , will it call the destructor of CKMaskApp
objects, i saw the MSDN documents it says that N destructors are called, but
destructors are never called, I'm working with MS VC with CL compiler on Win
NT

is it STL list bug or some think else?,
what is the standard behavior of list::clear or erase function

thanks
Vijay