Re: More fallout from global.cc namespace changes

>I don't anticipate any static linkage issues.

OK, I see that the symbols/names moved are special.

>The only (arguable) things referenced of the bits in src/globals.cc were
>the cout/cin/cerr bits which are in namespace std and were not touched,
>and your argument for the thread bits.

OK, your question to me makes sense now.  Yes, on branch, Danny's
patch should be removed.  In src/globals.cc, the thread bits should
all be moved back into std::.

>I'm not certain about your argument, but it seems reasonable and in any
>case is easy to accomodate.

I really don't know if it was reasonable.  But I do think the thread
symbols are used in a different way than most of the other moved symbols
(i.e. the way they get bound into reasonable user app code).

>I think this patch is necessary to keep the 3_2-branch maintainable. It
>can be done, so I think it should be.

OK, I'm sold.  Thank you for putting up with my line of questioning.

Loren