Re: [RFC] First draft of the POSIX locale::name patch

Hi Benjamin, thanks for your feedback

1- _M_c_cats(__cat) contains the names of the various
C categories present in recent glibc: arguably a
rough approach.

1a- I have no idea how to automatically adapt it (at
configure time?!?) to different libc... Is this needed
or in fact ;) the named locales machinery presently
works well only for glibc anyway.

1b- When the 6 additional categories stabilized? This
is relevant for the new testcases too (some should be
conditionalized to glibc >= 2.1 or >= 2.0??)

Solution enclosed. Perhaps this should be two separate arrays, not one
combined one.

I like your improvements! In particular the config bits which, with all evidence, I never do right :-(

2- Is there a clean way to avoid strtok() in
locale::_Impl::_Impl(const char*, size_t) not changing
to much the infrastructure?

I'll look at this next

Thanks.
Indeed, currently _Impl::_Impl(const char*, size_t) is passed the "C" string in order for it to call the underlying locale, but then all the information about the individual categories must be extracted from it via strtok. This is a pity, since it was available not mangled in locale::locale(const char*).

Ciao, Paolo.