This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: V3 PATCH: numeric_limits<> support, fix PR/3865
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot co dot uk>
- Cc: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>, Graham Stott <graham dot stott at btinternet dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:26:21 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: V3 PATCH: numeric_limits<> support, fix PR/3865
On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Neil Booth wrote:
> I just worry about the vast number of new macros you're defining. Are
> they going to be enabled only for C++ so C doesn't have to carry the
> baggage? Are they really necessary (e.g. how does Dinkumware handle
> it since they don't control a compiler)?
Also, the _BITS__ macros for integer types are redundant with the _MAX__
macros used for <limits.h>; one can be derived from the other.
Joseph S. Myers