Re: Char_traits (part 2+)

"Jack Reeves" <jackw_reeves@hotmail.com> writes:

| To summarize my interpretation of the Standard:
| 1.	21.1.1/1 is not a definition of template class char_traits<>. It is a
| statement of requirements  just like numerous similar tables in the
| Standard.

I can't find a text to supporte that.  Instead, I have this 21.1/1:

   This subclause defines requirements on classes representing character
   traits, and defines a class template char_traits<charT>, along with
   two specializations, char_traits<char> and char_traits<wchar_t>, that
   satisfy those requirements.

[...]

| What would I do?
| This question is complicated by 3 issues:
| 1.	char_traits is declared as a template.

The standard explicitly says it *defines* a template char_traits<>.

-- Gaby