Re: please stop messing with the indentation

--On Thursday, August 08, 2002 01:14:29 PM -0400 Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com> wrote:

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 10:02:25AM -0700, Matt Austern wrote:
I vote for one of the these two options:
  (1) Don't indent names in a namespace when everything in the file
        is in that namespace (basically what Nathan says, and I also
        agree with him about the comment for the closing brace).
  (2) Keep it as is, but raise the line length limit to 90 characters or
so.
(1) is what I was striving for WRT indentation.  We already require a
comment on the closing brace of the namespace.

I would oppose (2).  Surely I'm not the only one who occasionally works
in an X-less environment.  My monitor won't stretch any wider, no matter
how much I tug on the plastic.
FWIW, I use (1) but not (2) in my own code, and this is what I would
like to see here as well.