This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: please stop messing with the indentation
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>, Matt Austern <austern at apple dot com>
- Cc: Nathan Myers <ncm at cantrip dot org>, "libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 13:13:47 -0700
- Subject: Re: please stop messing with the indentation
--On Thursday, August 08, 2002 01:14:29 PM -0400 Phil Edwards
On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 10:02:25AM -0700, Matt Austern wrote:
I vote for one of the these two options:
(1) Don't indent names in a namespace when everything in the file
is in that namespace (basically what Nathan says, and I also
agree with him about the comment for the closing brace).
(2) Keep it as is, but raise the line length limit to 90 characters or
(1) is what I was striving for WRT indentation. We already require a
comment on the closing brace of the namespace.
I would oppose (2). Surely I'm not the only one who occasionally works
in an X-less environment. My monitor won't stretch any wider, no matter
how much I tug on the plastic.
FWIW, I use (1) but not (2) in my own code, and this is what I would
like to see here as well.
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com