Re: stl / pthreads leak, patch

Hi Ken, [You have been properly anonymized to allow a public response.
         Please use the list.]

> I am experiencing the stl/pthreads memory leak problem when
> compiling using g++[2.96]

I believe that this used the old libstdc++-v2 implementation.  Either
way, the FSF didn't release gcc 2.96; you could contact Red Hat.

> and 3.1.1 on RedHat Linux 6.2. I read a posting from you that
> mentioned you have a patch for this.

URL or other context?  Surely not written circa gcc 3.1.1 release time.

> Can you please let me know where I can find it? I seem to be having trouble.

> Any help much appreciated.

All patches related to known memory leaks in the libstdc++-v3 STL/threaded
implementation are already in the GCC Repository.  I am fairly sure
that no improvements/fixes in this area have been made post gcc 3.1.1
release.

Please post the *smallest* reasonable test case with a leak if you
want me to look at something in depth.  I do promise to look at such
postings.

Regards,
Loren