This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: libstdc++ compatibility issues with various Linux distros
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- To: phil_adams at us dot ibm dot com
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 14:16:26 -0700
- Subject: Re: libstdc++ compatibility issues with various Linux distros
- Organization: Red Hat / San Francisco
- References: <OF56D36B68.1A49496F-ON86256C0E.0069F43E@us.ibm.com>
> I've run into what looks like a compatibility problem with the libstdc++
> library. My code that's built with gcc 2.95.3 will not run properly on
> RedHat 7.2.
Mmmm. Yeah. There is no ABI compatibility between 2.96 and 2.95.3. You
can't intermix these two C++ compilers and two C++ libstdc++'s and
expect things to work.
That's why we are working so hard on the ABI for 3.2.