This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
bump linkmap versions?
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- To: drepper at redhat dot com, phil at jaj dot com, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:27:02 -0700
- Subject: bump linkmap versions?
- Organization: Red Hat / Chicago
- Reply-to: bkoz at redhat dot com
# Symbols in the support library (libsupc++) have their own tag.
Since the move from 3.1.x to 3.2.x, some ABI changes were made and also
some symbols were probably added, changed, or removed from both
libstdc++ and libsupc++.
I'm working on specifics at the moment.
However, my question is: should this linkmap be
now? Thus resetting symbol versioning entirely? Or, should I calculate
this with finer-grained resolution to make symbol aliases, etc? That
effort seems like a waste if the underlying compiler ABI also changed.
ps. where are the utils 'dump' and 'pvs' as referenced in the sun linker
loader docs? Are there GNU binutils equivalents?