This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: linking with libstdc++
- From: Nathan Myers <ncm-nospam at cantrip dot org>
- To: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Michael Fimin <michaelfimin at mail dot ru>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 14:55:54 +0000
- Subject: Re: linking with libstdc++
- References: <E17XHSd-0003dXfirstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 12:25:30PM +0400, Michael Fimin wrote:
> Does anybody tried to link statically with libstdc++ to produce shared object
> (*.so) library?
The license does not allow you to static-link the library into
your program. It must be remain a shared library.
You cannot use gcc-2.95.2 to build the current version of the library.
Note that the last version that could be built with gcc-2.95 is not
thread-safe on Solaris.
ncm at cantrip dot org