This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: linking with libstdc++
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: Michael Fimin <michaelfimin at mail dot ru>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:35:01 -0400
- Subject: Re: linking with libstdc++
- References: <E17XHSd-0003dXemail@example.com>
On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 12:25:30PM +0400, Michael Fimin wrote:
> How to link libstdc++ with -fpic option? Is there any standard build script
By default only the .so is built with -fpic/-fPIC. You can configure with
to pass -fPIC all the time while the library is building.
> My platform is Solaris and version of GCC is 2.95.2.
See the status page on building with GCC 2.x. The library is meant to be
used with GCC 3.x.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater
than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek
not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you;
and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams