This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [BUG] valarray_copy, with mask_array, libstdc++-v3
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at samba-tng dot org>
- Cc: Ben Elliston <bje at redhat dot com>, pcormier at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 07 Jul 2002 19:10:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: [BUG] valarray_copy, with mask_array, libstdc++-v3
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <20020703220138.GC10352@samba-tng.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20020705105551.GN8668@samba-tng.org> <email@example.com> <20020706112138.GA15450@samba-tng.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20020707161212.GA908@samba-tng.org>
Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <email@example.com> writes:
| On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 10:36:53PM +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > The example you gave doesn't support your claim: You used it in way
| > explicilty marked "undefined behaviour".
| no, i just sent in a patch and wrote some example-usage code
| as part of the email i sent.
Your example-usage is wrong and the patch you sent is also wrong.
| which still hasn't been examined, the patch still hasn't been
I reviewed it.
| the patch is 2 lines.
The patch's size does not determine its correctness; and in this
particular case, it doesn't correct anything wrong in the library.
| why are you wasting my time like this?
I'm not wasting your time. You're wasting our time.
| especially as you (plural) are being paid money to sort exactly
| these issues out, and i am not.
I'm not paid "to sort exactly these issues out". GCC is a volunter
project. I wasn't paid for having written the valarray component.
I'm not paid for maintaining the valarray component.
| > think any point is pursueing it further.
| then the c++ standard template library will continue to
| have the bug i pointed out.
You didn't demonstrate any bug in the valarray component. Instead, you
sent various messages insulting people. I can't qualify that as "a
courtesy" in any meaningful way.