Re: [BUG] valarray_copy, with mask_array, libstdc++-v3

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl@samba-tng.org> writes:

| On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 10:36:53PM +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
|
| > The example you gave doesn't support your claim:  You used it in way
| > explicilty marked "undefined behaviour".
|
|   no, i just sent in a patch and wrote some example-usage code
|   as part of the email i sent.

Your example-usage is wrong and the patch you sent is also wrong.

[...]

|   which still hasn't been examined, the patch still hasn't been
|   reviewed.

I reviewed it.

|   the patch is 2 lines.

The patch's size does not determine its correctness; and in this
particular case, it doesn't correct anything wrong in the library.

|   why are you wasting my time like this?

I'm not wasting your time.  You're wasting our time.

[...]

|  especially as you (plural) are being paid money to sort exactly
|  these issues out, and i am not.

I'm not paid "to sort exactly these issues out".  GCC is a volunter
project.  I wasn't paid for having written the valarray component.
I'm not paid for maintaining the valarray component.

| > think any point is pursueing it further.
|
|  then the c++ standard template library will continue to
|  have the bug i pointed out.

You didn't demonstrate any bug in the valarray component.  Instead, you
sent various messages insulting people.  I can't qualify that as "a
courtesy" in any meaningful way.

-- Gaby