Re: [BUG] valarray_copy, with mask_array, libstdc++-v3

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl@samba-tng.org> writes:

| >   Luke> a mask array is intermediately-defined as part of the j = i[b]
| >   Luke> operator overload on a boolean valarray.
| >
| > Let's see if we can agree on this first point: You are trying to
| > assign a mask_array of dimension 2 to a valarray, j, whose dimension
| > is zero because it was constructed using the default constructor.
|
|  i am using the valarray and the standard template library in
|  the way in which it is intended, otherwise there wouldn't _be_
|  the code in the valarray library.

The example you gave doesn't support your claim:  You used it in way
explicilty marked "undefined behaviour".

|  let's see if i can track the code and do your job for you to see
|  if your statement is correct.

I'm not sure such a tone is appropriate for productive discussion.
Please, use a tone that doesn't sound unnecessarily insulting.

| > This behaviour is undefined.
|
|  please try not to talk such rubbish, and actually follow the plot.

If you're going to use that tone in discussing this issue, I don't
think any point is pursueing it further.

-- Gaby