This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [libstdc++] patch for "make install" problems
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: Uros Bizjak <uros at kss-loka dot si>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 02:58:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: [libstdc++] patch for "make install" problems
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 11:30:46AM +0200, Uros Bizjak wrote:
> This is a patch for "make install" problems, described in
> - "INSTALL=$(INSTALL)" \
> - "INSTALL_DATA=$(INSTALL_DATA)" \
> - "INSTALL_PROGRAM=$(INSTALL_PROGRAM)" \
> - "INSTALL_SCRIPT=$(INSTALL_SCRIPT)" \
This is probably incorrect.
1) You mentioned in the previous message about command-line overrides. Are
you trying to override these variables on the "make install" command?
2) Are you configuring in the source directory? If so, try a build in a
separate objdir as recommended by the GCC install instructions, and if
that fixes it, then please submit a bug report about in-srcdir builds.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater
than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek
not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you;
and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams