Re: reducing needless normal_iterator usage in vector

Phil Edwards wrote:

Thoughts?

Well, I find your analysis very interesting and most probably relevant also for other containers.
Something I would really like to understand better is how all of this depends on the optimization switches specified at compile time: naively, I hope that at -O2 the differences in the generated assembly are much smaller. Also: could we learn from all of this something general to suggest to the compiler guys?

Ciao, Paolo.