This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: reducing needless normal_iterator usage in vector
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- To: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 15:32:07 +0200
- Subject: Re: reducing needless normal_iterator usage in vector
- References: <20020702091011.A19983@disaster.basement.lan>
Phil Edwards wrote:
Well, I find your analysis very interesting and most probably relevant
also for other containers.
Something I would really like to understand better is how all of this
depends on the optimization switches specified at compile time: naively,
I hope that at -O2 the differences in the generated assembly are much
smaller. Also: could we learn from all of this something general to
suggest to the compiler guys?