This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [libstdc++] Fix _GLIBCPP_VERSION
- From: "B. Kosnik" <bkoz at nabi dot net>
- To: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 23:47:03 -0700
- Subject: Re: [libstdc++] Fix _GLIBCPP_VERSION
- Organization: secret_agent_headquarters
- References: <20020702023928.A17800@disaster.basement.lan>
- Reply-to: bkoz at nabi dot net
> missed an occurance of release_VERSION, and as such, caused
> _GLIBCPP_VERSION to be set to an empty string. Now that the library's
> release version is taken directly from the compiler rather than being
> maintained seperately,_GLIBCPP_VERSION is yet another variation of
> __GNUC__, __GNUC_MINOR__, and __VERSION__. Reinventing the wheel, but
> with prettier spokes. :-)
Hmmm. Whoops. Sorry about this fallout.
> Benjamin's patch also had code to discover the compiler version from
> the sources. I've replaced that with a call to the compiler instead
> (simpler code), and shuffled the configury script fragments a bit. So
> in addition to using the version to determine the header file
> directory, we also use it to create _GLIBCPP_VERSION.
Nice. You might want to consider moving this up to gcc/configure.in and
../config.if as well.