Re: * outstanding summary email

> The mainline is in Stage 2 development.  I think this would probably
> be okay, since the change you suggested in that email is not majorly
> invasive(in the merging-from-an-experimental-branch sense of
> invasive).

It needs to go in now, due to ABI issues. I'm contimplating putting in
the money_get/money_put hacks for wchar_t issues for much the same
reasons.

> That thread reminded me that we should look at removing the existing
> _GLIBCPP_RESOLVE_LIB_DEFECTS guards, maybe changing it into a comment
> marker. It might still be used as a guard in the future, perhaps...

I suppose _GLIBCPP_RESOLVE_LIB_DEFECTS was always a comment marker. I
still find it useful as such (along with the DR numbers, actually). It
probably doesn't make sense to fool people into thinking they could
compile libstdc++ without it.

-benjamin