Re: * outstanding summary email

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 10:47:51PM +0200, Paolo Carlini wrote:

>     http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2002-05/msg00314.html
>
> I'm correct in believing that now that mainline v3 has been bumped to
> 5.0.0 nothing substantial stands in the way of such kind of invasive
> fixes? (for the branch is a complete different matter, of course)

The mainline is in Stage 2 development.  I think this would probably be
okay, since the change you suggested in that email is not majorly invasive
(in the merging-from-an-experimental-branch sense of invasive).

That thread reminded me that we should look at removing the existing
_GLIBCPP_RESOLVE_LIB_DEFECTS guards, maybe changing it into a comment marker.
It might still be used as a guard in the future, perhaps...

Phil