Re: versioning C++ includes

Nathan Myers <ncm-nospam@cantrip.org> writes:

> Besides that, my libtool-1.4.2 doesn't have a -set-version option,
> and I don't see anything like it mentioned in the changelog for
> the unstable version 1.4d.  Did you have some other option in mind?

Sorry, I'm talking about the regular -version-info option.

> I don't think libtool can help much with the problem I described.

Agreed.  I think the only option is for libstdc++ to get it's act together
and finally define and implement a stable ABI.  Vendor compilers have been
doing this for years, so it's certainly feasible, and spending effort to
achieve this goal is much better than implementing further kludges around
the underlying problem.

	Rainer