Re: multiple include installs for multilibs

> I've noticed that, a long time ago, but since I was new to multilibs,
> I figured it was doing whatever it was supposed to be doing.

Well... it's doing what the Makefiles tell it to do. It does seem like
the headers that are the same (all but target-specific) could be
installed only once...

Although now that I think about it, newlib does the same thing
(re-installs of the same headers) so maybe this is a longer-standing bug
that I'd first thought.

Sure is annoying though.

> Is it even possible to tell automake + multilibs to perform a certain
> task only once?

... but I don't know how to do this.

> Are the target-specific headers unique per multilib?  (I don't think
> so, but thought I'd ask.)  If they are, those would still have to be
> installed N times.

I would imagine that, as some multilibs are 32/64 bit, that
target-specific (and in particular cpu_limits.h) would have to be
installed on a per-multilib basis.

These headers are already clearly defined and marked in
include/Makefile.am. So it's really just a question of trying to figure
out how to express this idea in a way that automake can understand.

-benjamin