Re: rel_ops (was Re: GCC 3.1 Release)

> I'm not going to ask that the comment be stricken, but I'm not crazy
> about the idea of a lot of editorial commentary in the headers.

I agree.  We don't need editorial comments about languages, operating
systems, or other similar things in comments.  We really don't even
need editorial comments about GCC itself in comments -- although
saying "if we had this, then we could clean up that" is sometimes a
useful reminder.

But, C++ and its runtime library are what they are; it's up to us to
implement them as well as we can without judging which features we
like and which we don't.